[rt-users] Example (Re: critical bug with german letter)

Hanno Mueller hanno.mueller at epublica.de
Wed Nov 19 02:55:43 EST 2003

Hi,

 > If I try to write a comment or a reply to the same message using the
 > web gui, the Umlauts I enter there will be broken.

I just created a ticket using the web gui, this is the autoreply message
I got. Please note:

- The template shows correct umlauts.
   I changed the templates for this queue on my test installation and
   entered the new template texts using the web gui. *Those* umlaut
   characters are not broken by the web form input.

- The message itself shows broken umlauts.
   The umlaut characters were correct when I entered them in the web
   form, but after hitting "submit" this is what I got, both in the
   autoreply mail and in the web gui display for this ticket.

- The browser seems to be ok.
   The problem occurs with both Mozilla and Internet Explorer. Both use
   UTF-8 unicode encoding to display the RT web gui. I used the same
   browser with the same German I18N settings to enter the template
   changes on the web gui.

Thanks,

Hanno