[rt-users] RT attachment corruption on RedHat 9

Graeme Pyle graeme at raspberry.co.za
Wed Nov 19 07:38:52 EST 2003

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your help - I've finally managed to solve my problem :-)

I still have attachment corruption problems running FastCGI under RH9
after trying everything suggested, but under ModPerl it works just fine.
My LANG environment variable was set incorrectly when I built
mod_fastcgi, so I suspect that that may also have something to do with
it (I just don't have the energy to rebuild mod_fastcgi again ;-).

I also noticed that if I look at /proc/123/environ (where 123 is the PID
of the fastcgi process), it is empty. I expected to see a LANG=C in
there somewhere - which I do see for the Apache processes - but I don't.
I'm not sure how to change that.

Anyhow, I'll just go with ModPerl on RH9. FastCGI works fine on my
Gentoo box.

Thanks,

Graeme