[rt-users] RE: critical bug with german letter' (Intern)

ronny.pettersen at telenor.com ronny.pettersen at telenor.com
Thu Nov 20 03:24:44 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 07:23:55PM +0100, jesse at bestpractical.com wrote:
>You've seen the writeups about RedHat 9 and how you need to set the
>environment's locale before running RT?

Yes.
I've always been using "LANG=en_US" (not en_US.UTF-8).
I've also tried LANG=C. LC_ALL was unset, tried LC_ALL=C as well.
And setting initial-env in httpd.conf, tried both en_US and C:
FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -init-start-delay 15 -idle-timeout 3600 -initial-env LANG=en_US
(without this, LANG does not seem to be set, according to /proc/<pid>/environ)

Anything else I've missed?

Regards,
Ronny Pettersen

btw:
As I've said earlier, I have one rt-3.0.6 install which is working - as long as I don't restart it.
If I do restart it, I need to create 1 ticket before anyone adds comments.
But this "trick" doesn't work on 3.0.7, and the resulting encoding contains more characters than in 3.0.6.