[rt-users] Backup and restore RT3.

Richie Crews rcrews at intercall.com
Thu Nov 20 07:32:39 EST 2003

We use the following command for our RT systems

/usr/local/bin/mysqldump --tab=/usr/local/dbbkup --opt rt3 -u XXXX
--password=XXXX

This dumps .sql and .txt files. The .sql is of course the structure of the
database but the .txt files are the data per table. The .txt is handy if you
just want to reload certain or even all the data. You can even make it much
easier to import it if you want by using phpmysql.

Richie Crews
Team Lead of Unix Systems and Technologies
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Email: rcrews at intercall.com
Cell: (706) 773 - 3436
Desk: (706) 634 - 3681
Fax: (706) 634 - 3831

"Providing security for your email needs"
Stop Spam, Support RBL http://www.mail-abuse.org