[rt-users] Install help

John Newhoff john at portagebay.com
Thu Nov 20 12:09:46 EST 2003

I looked through the list archives, but couldn't find anything
specific to my installation problem.

I've reached the point of installing dependencies and the the install
process stops during install of the www::mechanize module with errors
regarding an old version of LWP::UserAgent. In trying to install the
libwww-perl module, it says I need a more recent version of
html::parser. I then installed the most recent version of that module
available from CPAN, and tried the libwww-perl install again, but get
the same error that my installed version of html::parser is too old -
though the version number that it reports as installed is not the new
version that I installed.

I'm a linux and perl newbie, any help is appreciated.

Also, can someone point me towards the faq for this list, I haven't
been able to track it down.

Thanks,
Johh

Portage Bay Solutions, Inc.                  mailto:john at portagebay.com
Database Programming and Training Services   (206) 542-4656
http://www.portagebay.com