[rt-users] Performance (speed) of RT3

Jim Rowan jim.rowan at starcore-dsp.com
Thu Nov 20 13:40:13 EST 2003

> So, I'm still not sure what I should do next.  I understand
> the idea of getting more free RAM, however I'd hate to throw
> money at more memory and find that I'm slow with 125Meg free
> memory space.  What do you think?

Take the advice and spend $40 on (at least) another 256M.  128 is not
enough to run all the things you want to run and talk about performance
simultaneously.  That $40 won't necessarily get you automatic
performance (it *is* likely to get you some) but it's pretty certain
that you're not going to get *good* performance from 128.  If it isn't
worth $40, then you probably *can* get some improvement by careful
tuning, even with 128.