[rt-users] Performance (speed) of RT3

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Thu Nov 20 00:35:42 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:33, Dan L. Ostrom courageously wrote:
> John,
>          Sorry to chime in late here, but I found this on Google:
>
> http://linuxperf.nl.linux.org/general/kerneltuning.html
>

>          You are right, it can be a real *trip* feeding the right
> parameters into a search engine to get what "you want".
>
>          I used:   linux kernel tuning

*blush* yes, I guess that's a hard one to have figured on using in
Google (grammer police are probably wincing).  Thanks!  That site has a
ton of good info and most importantly links to other good sites to
compare/learn/etc.

I will take everyone's advice and buy more memory.  It's cheap enough
that I'll probably figure out how much this can handle (
www.tomshardware.com or www.anandtech.com ) and max it.  This may be a
dumb question, but since swap is usually larger than memory should I try
to tweak my file partitions to adjust the swap to a larger slice?  I've
never tried, but I know re-adjusting file partitions can get tricky and
is inherently dangerous.  I'll probably not do it, but thought I'd ask.

John