[rt-users] Perl 5.8.0

Dave Barter dave.barter at legatio.com
Fri Nov 21 15:46:11 EST 2003

I am getting sporadic errors from RT V3.0.6 which appear to be linked to
a unicode problem. I am running perl 5.6.1 and a search of the mailing
list archives shows that I should be upgrading to 5.8.0 for a more
reliable RT

However, this *could** break some very stable perl code that runs on the
same server. Thus I was thinking that I would install 5.8.0 in
/usr/local/bin and get RT to use this.

My question is, "Is it as simple as changing the first line of webmux.pl
to #!/usr/local/bin/perl or do I have to edit the header of EVERY perl
file related to RT "

Thanks
Dave

---