[rt-users] make initialize-database and DBI functions with Postgres

Suhayda, Joey joey.suhayda at ieminc.com
Fri Nov 21 16:48:12 EST 2003

I am getting the following error when I run the make initialize-database
command.

# make initialize-database

/usr/local/bin/perl //usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init
--dba postgres

Now creating a database for RT.

Creating Pg database rt3.

Now populating database schema.

Creating database schema.

please use DBI functions for transaction handling at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DBD/Pg.pm line 169.

Died at //usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 159.

make: *** [initialize-database] Error 2

I am a complete newbie when it comes to Perl Modules, CPAN and DBI, so I
really don't know where to start with this.

After checking the mailing lists and searching on google for the last couple
of hours, I am at a loss as what to do next.

I am using Postgres 7.3.4, DBD::Pg version 1.31, and rt 3.0.6.

If anybody needs any more info I will gladly supply it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joey Suhayda

UNIX System Administrator

Innovative Emergency Management, INC.