[rt-users] Recommended configuration for a stable working RT3 deployment

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Tue Nov 25 14:09:35 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:59:53AM +0000, John Schubert said:
> After spending several weeks (little over a month) trying to get RH8 to
> work with RT, I decided to regress to 7.3.  I've set up many systems
> with the older versions of Apache and mod_perl, so I don't really see a
> current need to have the very latest and greatest.

Huh. I'm running it on RH8, but again: I compiled all my own stuff and
did not rely on the redhat binaries.

> My suggestion would be to install RH 7.3, remove the RPMs for Apache and
> mod_perl.   Download the source for apache 1.3.29, mod_perl 1.29, MySQL
> server client and development (you have to download the MySQL
> development package...it's buried in the docs, but you must have it for
> RT).

If you are going to go through the trouble and compile your own
binaries, you also might as well go with a modern version of the OS.
Remember that all non-enterprise versions of RedHat are EOL at this
point. You may want to consider Suse, Mandrake, Debian, or even
Enterprise RH.