[rt-users] Mailgate errors RT 3

Stephen Quinney stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 06:05:16 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:40:52AM -0500, Frank Balonis wrote:
> I have RT 3.0.6 running on a Debian system.  Everything was working fine but I made some changes to the RT.SiteConfig and installed apache-ssl to use a virtual host with HTTPS.  I'm not exactly sure at what point the mailgate stopped working but I can create, correspond, reply, etc from the web interface but I cannot use the rt-mailgate command any longer.  Since the --url option does not support HTTPS I followed the advice of another posting to configure apache to respond to localhost.  I keep recieving these errors:
>
> (Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/lib/sm.bin/smrsh) exited with EX)
>                                          "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue --url http://localhost"

I think the issue here is that you have lost the name of the queue
that should come after the --queue option, e.g. General.

As an aside, I think rt-mailgate will work fine with an https server
if you install the libio-socket-ssl-perl package so that libwww-perl
(which provides LWP::UserAgent) can work via SSL.

Stephen Quinney