[rt-users] Problems with attachments and Lotus Notes

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 27 12:25:18 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 04:06:46PM +0100, Maxime Henrion wrote:
>     Hello all,
>

> I'm having some problems with attachments and Request Tracker 3.0.6.  When
> one sends an e-mail to the RT address with Lotus Notes and an attachment,
> the attachment is lost, as well as the body of the e-mail (which is
> obviously even more annoying).  The ticket that gets opened only retains the
> subject of the e-mail as well as the headers.  The raw e-mail looks like
> this :

1. The email isn't dropped. It's just not displayed by RT. (There's a
download link for it to the right)

2. The actual problem is that RT wasn't set up to decode UUEncoded
attachments. This was a one-line fix to the EmailParser.pm class to
instruct MIME::Entity to do the right thing. The change will be
committed to the repository as soon as the test suite finishes running
and will be available in 3.0.8.  FWIW, newer versions of Notes are
reported to deal much better with RT and the rest of the world.

	Jesse