[rt-users] scale

Tremaine Lea tremaine at cavelier.net
Sun Nov 30 02:42:05 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can share with me their experience with RTIR.
I'm looking at using it in a situation where it will likely be handling
3000-10000+ inbound email a day and a fairly high volume of tickets.
Currently looking to pitch this to management, but the box it's being
tested on is a 2.4GHz with a measly 256M of ram (definite bottleneck)

My plan is to have inbound email initially dealt with by a scrip/t
before a ticket is actually generated where the email content is parsed
for an IP address, and when found checked against existing tickets for a
match to ensure tickets that involve the same IP are merged together.
If anyone has existing scripts functioning in RT/IR that do these,
please get in touch with me.

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Tremaine