[rt-users] email notification problem

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Oct 1 05:01:31 EDT 2003

Hodge, Jeff F (ECIII) wrote:

> rt3.04/sendmail/mysql4.014/ap1.38/modperl1.28
>
> I checked the logs and didn't find an answer to my specific situation....
>
> I'm having issues with the email notifications.  I have set up the
> aliases for each queue there is one for correspond and one for comment.
>
> When creating new tickets, if I add emails to the CC feild a
> notification is NOT sent out.

Comment and correspond(reply) have different behavior.

> If I comment on the ticket the notification email is again NOT sent out

In plain RT installation there is no notifications on comments. If you
want to change this you have to look at your scrips. All configuration
of notifications done through scrips(below too)

> However if I comment on a ticket and add a name to the cc field a
> notification DOES get sent out.

This fields only for one time notification. And this emails don't append
to Ticket Ccs.

> This leads me to believe that the RT-mailgate --comment works, but the
> --correspond doesn't work.  Here is my aliases..   Any ideas?

Aliases don't have any affect on outgoing mail.

[snip]