[rt-users] No Longer Abandoning RT !

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Wed Oct 1 16:20:33 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:56:47PM -0400, Jesse Vincent said:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:51:29PM -0400, Walt Reed wrote:
> > Jesse: Just found the problem.
> >
> > RT needs:
> > PerlSetupEnv On
>
> Cool! I'm quite glad you've found the issue that's been biting you. I've
> never seen the need for this on any system I've touched before. For
> posterity, can you give me a final rundown of packages and versions? (Is
> this a modperl_2 variable? Are you running other mod_perl apps?)

Running on RedHat 8, but with custom compiled apache / perl / mod_perl.
Embedded Perl version v5.8.0 for Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) mod_perl/1.28

I am running another large mason based application. FWIW, the mod_perl
documentation advises turning this variable off so it is likely that
this may bite others as well. In fact, I have it off in the main apache
configuration and turned on in the virtual.

In lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm, RT sets args_method to "CGI" instead
of "mod_perl" like our application uses. My guess is that CGI grabs args
from the environment variables for QUERY_STRING (or whatever it is) as
opposed to internal apache structures (which is what mod_perl does.)
With PerlSetupEnv Off, this variable does not exist.