[rt-users] No Longer Abandoning RT !

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 1 19:02:39 EDT 2003

> In lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm, RT sets args_method to "CGI" instead
> of "mod_perl" like our application uses. My guess is that CGI grabs args
> from the environment variables for QUERY_STRING (or whatever it is) as
> opposed to internal apache structures (which is what mod_perl does.)
> With PerlSetupEnv Off, this variable does not exist.

Oh. Um. I didn't realize you were trying to run two different apps on
the same mod_perl instance. Due to apache/mod_perl's total inability to
sandbox such things cleanly, that's totally unsupported. Using a
seperate backend server is likely the best way to go. We use the CGI
args_method in mason for compatibility. There have been various issues
with mod_perl args over time (aside from the fact that RT goes to great
lengths to be cleanly compatible with non-mod-perl configurations).

	Best,
	Jesse