[rt-users] New install gives "RT Error, couldn't load {queue,group,... etc}"

Mikael Brandström mikael.brandstrom at magasin1.se
Thu Oct 2 08:05:14 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've recently installed RT 3.0.6 as a completely fresh installation.
Since I run debian stable, only perl 5.6 was available om I also
installed a separate perl 5.8.1 for RT and let the dependency checker
install all relevant modules into this perl tree. RT is run as a fastcgi
application under the Roxen web server. It works perfectly fine to log
in as root, change password and user information, but when I try to look
at a queue, create a queue or add a group I always get a red error
message stating:

  RT Error
  Couldn't load queue

(or group). The mysql server resides on a different machine with mysql
4.0.15. No mysql errors are logged.

Googling or searching the archives didn't yield anything useful. So if
anyone has any hints on how to solve this, or where to start looking
(other than in the Mason source files which didn't yield that much
either).

Thanks in advance,
Mikael