[rt-users] make initialize-database problem

Dax Kelson Dax at GuruLabs.com
Thu Oct 2 16:49:43 EDT 2003

I don't take it this is normal:

$ make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba
postgres --prompt-for-dba-password
Unquoted string "false" may clash with future reserved word at
/opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm line 153.
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your Pg instance on 10.1.0.5 as
postgres.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password: Now creating a database for RT.
Creating Pg database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
schema sucessfully inserted
Now inserting database ACLs
Couldn't find ACLS for Pg
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 13

Over on the database (PostgreSQL 7.3.4) I see the database has been
created, but it is empty.

The documentation implies (passed on # vs $ prompts):

./configure as normal user
make install as root
make initialize-database a normal user

That resulted in the problems above. When I ran "make
initialize-database" as root, it worked.