[rt-users] quick trick: "RT at a glance" on 2.0

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Oct 3 07:45:51 EDT 2003

Russ Johnson wrote:

> John Jasen wrote:
>
>> If you don't like the default index.html "RT at a glance" page (for
>> example, we wanted more information from " 10 highest priority
>> tickets I own..." and " 10 highest priority tickets I requested..."),
>> you can modify what they display based on the various Elements called.
>>

> I actually opted to split out the "New" vs "Open" tickets, and to
> display "Stalled" tickets.
>
> I made index.html look like:
>
> <& /Elements/Header, Title=>"Start page", Refresh =>
> $session{'home_refresh_inte
> rval'} &>
> <& /Elements/Tabs, current_toptab => '' &>
> <TABLE BORDER=0 WIDTH=100%>
> <TR VALIGN=TOP>
> <TD WIDTH=70%>
> <& /Elements/CustomHomepageHeader, %ARGS &>
> <& /Elements/MyNew &>
> <BR>
> <& /Elements/MyOpen &>
> <BR>
> <& /Elements/MyStalled &>
> <BR>
> <& /Elements/MyRequests &>
> </TD>
> <TD>
> <& /Elements/Quicksearch &>
> <BR>
> <form method=get action="index.html">
> <& /Elements/Refresh, Name => 'HomeRefreshInterval', Default =>
> $session {'home_
> refresh_interval'} &>
> </form>
> </TD>
> </TR>
> </TABLE>
> <%init>
> if ($ARGS{'HomeRefreshInterval'}) {
>         $session{'home_refresh_interval'} = $ARGS{'HomeRefreshInterval'};
> }
> </%init>
>
> Then made MyOpen, MyNew and MyStalled out of MyTickets, modifying the
> status each searches for.
>
> For us, this makes recognizing that there is a new ticket much easier,
> and we can also watch our stalled tickets without periodically doing a
> search for them.

As I see all people customise home page, but all of them have to change
RT's Mason pages, add ellements or do copy-paste...
It would be really good to do flexible home page layout customisation.

Something like this:
User say in some way - "I want block with Tickets with status open or
new ordered by priority then queue and status, block must contain next
Ticket fields: Subj, Requestor..."

You approach is successful, but it's copy-paste job.