[rt-users] Sorting / 'Ball-in-court'

Chris Bannister cj at moodog.org.uk
Fri Oct 3 04:38:03 EDT 2003

Nick Pleis wrote:

> I'm currently in the final stages of getting our RT/RTFM solution setup.
>
> I was hoping to get some help with one problem that we're having:
>
> When looking at the Queue as a whole it would be REALLY nice if we could see
> when customers actually send us correspondence. What we'd really like to be
> able to do is see which side was the last to send actual correspondence to
> other side. Much like a tennis match, we want to know who's 'court' the ball
> is in. That way we could sort the messages based on all of the issues that
> our customers have responded to, but we haven't responded back (yet). Does
> anyone have a system like this in place?

We normally set tickets awaiting a customer/3rd party response to
Stalled.  Then once they are replied to they automatically change back
to Open, and therefore the only tickets that need action are New+Open
(with an occasional chase on stalled tickets).

This does reply on people setting the stalled status when they have
finished working on a ticket, but I find people tend to do this when
they keep tripping across the same already answered tickets in open.

--
Chris Bannister
cj at moodog.org.uk