[rt-users] Re: Auto Login

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Sat Oct 4 12:12:20 EDT 2003

seph wrote:

>>We have an intranet setup wherein our users log with password into the
>>system.  I created a link to this request tracker system. I setup RT using
>>their same userid and password
>>
>>How can I pass this userid and password to RT so that there is no need for
>>them to login again (bypass the RT login screen) ?
>>

>use external auth.
>
>seph

As I understand Rommie want to use user's PC session credentials to
login in RT.
Noway to do it. There is no standart on tracking sessions through HTTP
in the world. RT uses cookies, other system uses basic auth, query
string, ip and so, so... becouse of it IE and other browser couldn't
provide any interface for other parts of system that allow force auto
login in RT.

workaround:
you could change cookies behavior, namely, set them expiration period
(security caveats here).