[rt-users] Performance RT3 <-> OTRS

Agustin.Lopez at uv.es Agustin.Lopez at uv.es
Wed Oct 8 12:55:41 EDT 2003

Hello, all!

I am testing two free ticketing system: RT3 and OTRS.
The first thing I have seen is the different performance
of the two systems. One ticket creation is very fast
in OTRS but in RT3 costs 4 seconds of CPU (i have done some
performance tuning, like example delete all language files
except en and es, with all language files a new ticket costs more than
10 seconds). Both, OTRS and RT3, use Postgres as RDBM and mod_perl.

System:
  Pentium 3 with 1 Gb de RAM
SO:
  Linux Debian stable.
  Postgres 7.2.1
  Perl 5.6.1
  Apache/1.3.26 with mod_perl

I like more RT3 but I cannot choose it if he is so slow.
Why RT3 is so slow?
Any pointer to tuning?

Best regards,
Agustin

|           Jose Agustin Lopez Bueno                 |
|          E-Mail: Agustin.Lopez at uv.es               |
|        Home Page: http://www.uv.es/~lopezj/        |
|            http://www.uv.es/postman/               |
|        Tfnos: +34-96-3544310  +34-96-3543129       |
|               Fax: +34-96-3544200                  |
| Servicio de Informatica, Univ. de Valencia, Spain  |