[rt-users] apache modssl and rt

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Oct 9 03:27:25 EDT 2003

Theodore Knab wrote:

>Last week I installed rt 2.x running on Debian stable.
>
>This week I have been testing rt 3.x.
>
>I have been using the draft manual [April 13, 2003] for the setup.
>
>I am using Debian Sarge with:
>	Postfix
>	MySql
>	Apache
>
>Despite my success with RT on port 80, I was not able to find any find any
>documentation on how to setup the apache ssl mod to work with RT.
>
>Does anyone have a working config file I can use as an example ?
>
>Or will this be added to the documentation in the near future ?
>
>I am using a self cert as such:
>http://annapolislinux.org/docs/ssc/ssert.txt

We do it on debian/sid like this. Set Your $SERVERNAME and
$PATHTODOCROOT accordingly.

This vhost is not entirely dedicated to rt3, but it works without
problems.  The SSLCipherSuite and SetEnvIf are for users with IE5.x on
the Mac.  Works for RT 3.0.4

Regards,
    Harald

<VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:443>
 ServerName $SERVERNAME
 DocumentRoot $PATHTODOCROOT
 Port 443
 SSLEngine On
 #SSLEnable
 SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache/ssl.crt/server.crt
 SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache/ssl.key/server.key
 SSLProtocol all -SSLv3
 SSLCipherSuite
!EXP1024-RC4-SHA:!EXP1024-DES-CBC-SHA:ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:
+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
 SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
 Alias /rt3 "/usr/share/request-tracker3/html/"
 Alias /rt3/NoAuth/images "/usr/share/request-tracker3/html/NoAuth/images/"
 PerlModule Apache::DBI
 PerlFreshRestart Off
 <Directory  "/usr/share/request-tracker3/html">
  AddDefaultCharSet UTF-8
  PerlRequire /usr/share/request-tracker3/libexec/webmux.pl
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
 </Directory>
</VirtualHost>