[rt-users] Re: Is this settings possible ?

David Z Maze dmaze at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 10 13:53:22 EDT 2003

"Patrick De Muynck" <patrick at dreamtech.gr> writes:

> Having the rt database on a different server is not a
> problem.  As of rt2, it was not possible however to have
> the rt-mailgate and the web interfaces on different machines,
> because RT web/rt-mailgate use a common "cache" before
> commiting data to the mySql database.

It definitely is possible to have mailgate and the webui on separate
hosts with RT3; we have this setup here and it works fine.  (In RT3
the mailgate communicates with RT proper using an HTTP request, rather
than anything in a local file or memory.)

David Z. Maze                                      dmaze at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Research Scientist                            http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
MIT LCS Computer Architecture Group   http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/commit/