[rt-users] Resolved tickets displayed when "Next-ing" through Open/New ticket search results

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 08:13:04 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Michael Gibbons wrote:

> I've noticed the following behaviour with RT 3.0.5 (not sure how to
> reproduce it - it seems somewhat random):
> - Access one of the queues from the Home page, which returns a set list
> of tickets based on default search results e.g. all Open or New tickets
> in the Support queue
> - Sort by Ticket Updated
> - Display one of the tickets, and reply or comment
> - Click the Next button to view the next oldest ticket
> - A ticket that has been resolved (usually a day, sometimes two days
> ago) will appear for no apparent reason.
>
> This occurs quite often - any ideas? It's becoming very frustrating,
> given I then need to go back to the main Search page and manually select
> the next ticket for review.
>
> -Mike

I've also seen this.

I'm trying to track down why the 'Next' and 'Prev' tabs don't appear
sometimes.  So far from what some of my users have seen, it appears that
the list of tickets displayed and the list of tickets in the ItemMap
(which seems to control those tabs) don't match.

I have one queue at present for which 13 tickets (new and open) are listed
by default.

If I 'next' through the from the beginning, I get a resolved ticket midway
through, and the it continues onto the next numerical ticket - but it
doesn't display the last ticket.  'last' shows me the second last ticket
instead.

Trying to reproduce this from a standalone script, I am unable to do so.
Both iterating through Tickets->Next and traversing the ItemMap for the
same search lists all the tickets displayed on the main listing in the
same order with no reference to the resolved one.

The only think I can think of which might be causing this is some hidden
search caching which isn't being correctly flushed in the long running
httpd invocation of perl, but which isn't tripping up my fresh-perl
invocation script.

Is this likely?

John