[rt-users] Installing on Windows 2000

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:20:44 EDT 2003

There is an automated installer at http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/3.0/rt-3.0.4.exe

> 1. How do I run the configure script on Windows? Do I have to set up
> cygwin or anything similar to run the script?

You don't have to run configure or use the source tarball. You don't
need cygwin.

> 2. Where can I get a good Apache/MySQL/Perl package to get up and
> running quickly on Windows? (I have used phpdev from firepages.com.au
> but the perl version is at 5.6.1 in it)

The automated installer downloads everything you need for RT. If you
want the apps for other purposes, the vendor supplied installers are
quite easy and straightfoward to use. Use the ActivePerl port of perl,
since that is what most people use.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"