[rt-users] feeling stupid..........

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Tue Oct 14 16:40:25 EDT 2003

OK, I have a test RT3 system that I set up a few months back, I hadn't
played with it for awhile, and had done some RHN updates to that linux
(redhat 8) box, and somewhere along the way, my RT config broke.  So, I
downloaded 3-0-6, did the test-dependencies until I got everything up to
date, restarted apache, and everything seems to be working.

Except for one thing (or you wouldn't be reading this email, right?).

RT can't send mail.  It can receive email, because I was able to open a
ticket, but I can't get it to send any.  There don't seem to be any
errors in /var/log/messages or /var/log/maillog, or
/opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log, it just doesn't work.  I can send email from
that box with no problems.

/opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm is:

$rtname="mqsoftware.com";

$Organization = "mqsoftware.com";

$Timezone =  'US/Central';

$OwnerEmail = 'helpdesk at mqsoftware.com';

$RTAddressRegexp = '^rt\@starbug.mqsoftware.com$';

$CorrespondAddress='RT::rt at starbug.mqsoftware.com';

$CommentAddress='RT::rt at starbug.mqsoftware.com';

$UseFriendlyToLine = 1;

$WebPath = "/rt3";

$WebBaseURL = "http://starbug.mqsoftware.com:80";

$DateDayBeforeMonth = 0;

$LogToFile = 'debug';

$LogDir = "/opt/rt3/var/log";

$LogToFileNamed = "rt.log";

1;

What am I missing?  Where should I be looking to find the problem?

Kelly F. Hickel

Senior Software Architect

MQSoftware, Inc

952.345.8677