[rt-users] RT3 questions - Charts, Statistics, Customization

Anthony Sorace rt at anothy.9srv.net
Wed Oct 15 09:10:37 EDT 2003

Okay... I've got RT3 installed and am going through the process of
doing a bit of customization - custom fields, templates, scrips. Is
there good documentation on all this stuff somewhere? I've got the
users doc, but that says very little about it. I've played around with
the 'rt' command for finding a bit about types of objects and whatnot,
but that doesn't give me what I'm looking for. Ideally, I'd like a list
of the types of objects RT understands and what data and functions are
contained within them.

I've installed the Statistics package. The statistics are being
generated well (although they don't make me look very good right now
:-( ), but the graphs are failing to come up. Nothings being generated
in any of the logs, but I suspect (mainly because I can't come up with
a better explanation) that it's not finding the GD::Graph package or
that's not finding gd. Both are installed. Any way to test this out?

Everyone seems pretty happy with what RT3 offers (and I get to look
like a hero, since the alternative was some fairly expensive commercial
thing), and we're eager to make the most of it. Some managers, however,
would like more in the way of pretty graphs. Aside from the Statistics
package above (and assuming I can get the GD::Graph/gd problem sorted),
what other packages are around? I've found three or four from the
contrib archive (all without documentation, and I don't yet know where
they get dumped to be recognized). Is there a definitive list somewhere?

And what do people here think of elixus? Any users? How much does it
really offer?

And (finally) has anyone here been to Best Practical's training
sessions? Any opinions on how worth the time/money it is? We're looking
at sending myself and one or two others out, but want to make sure
we're getting our money's worth.

I realize this is a good chunk of questions all at once, but people
here are very anxious to get this up and running. I'm hoping to divert
a portion of the money we've saved to Best for support and/or devel,
but that's still a while away, so I want to make sure I'm using what's
available as best as possible.

Much thanks,
Anthony Sorace
CIBERNET Corp