[rt-users] RT / SOAP / XML-RPC

Benjamin Boksa b.boksa at sidebysite.de
Wed Oct 15 13:22:13 EDT 2003

Hi Scott,

I started working on a XML Interface to RT a few months ago.

Even though I haven't worked on it for quite a while it would be nice
to hear what you expect from such an interface.

Would you (or others) prefer XML-RPC or SOAP or something completely
different?

At the moment my idea is to write some XSL-StyleSheets that transform
the data from the RT-Webinteface to valid XML which than could be used
as desired, for example with a SOAP or XML-RPC server.

I already have the stylesheets to transform the "RT at a Glance"-Page
as well as the "Ticket-Detail"-Page.

At the moment I am quite busy, but this might be a nice project for the
winter holiday, so let me hear what you think.

Regards,

Benne

Am Mittwoch, 15.10.03, um 03:10 Uhr (Europe/Paris) schrieb Scott Hebert:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been scouring the lists for threads relating to RT & SOAP. There
> has
> been a few exchanges but nothing as of late.
>
> Essentially, I'd like to know if anyone has a working SOAP or XML-RPC
> interface to RT.
>
> A beta RT SOAP server was released by Jesse early this summer. Is
> anyone
> using it? If so, has anyone developed any docs for it?
>
> I'm very interested in hearing about anyone experiences trying to
> integrate
> RT to various other ticket systems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SH