[rt-users] RT / SOAP / XML-RPC

Scott Hebert scott at cae.com
Wed Oct 15 15:03:49 EDT 2003

Let me first explain why I'm looking for an XML interface to RT.

My company uses Borland's StarTeam software configuration management tool.
It has a feature that let's you customize the Change Reqest forms
(equivalent of an RT ticket). These customized forms are written in Java.

Our process involves the update or creation of an RT ticket when a StarTeam
Change Request reaches a particular step in the workflow.

I want to be able to communicate with RT from a Java application over HTTP
via port 80.

These are my requirements. I've only began to read up on XML-RPC and SOAP,
so I'm pretty much a newbie.

Thanks,

SH