[rt-users] RT starts munging attachments again

Dan Evans wdanielevans at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 16:07:27 EDT 2003

Mike,

I'm having the same problem and curious about the behaviors your seeing,
whether they are similar to mine.  I've tried both mod_perl and fastcgi
configurations, and the resulting Bad attachment is the same size, but the
behavior is different.

Let me describe the two environments:

FastCGI:
1) Create a ticket with attachment (non-text GIF, PDF, zip, or Word DOC)
	a) first attachment is okay.
	b) 2nd attachment is larger in size and corrupt
	c) all attachments thereafter are larger in size and corrupt
2) Re-boot Apache
3) Repeat behavior in step 1
NOTE: a refresh of the web client creates a New transaction with a GOOD
attachment, even after the 2nd bad attachment, but repeating the refresh
creates additional Bad attachments.

Since this can be replicated, over and over again, and it happens
immediately after the previous ticket created, the 10 minute reboot wouldn't
help me.

Mod_Perl:
1) Create a ticket with attachment (non-text GIF, PDF, zip, or Word DOC)
	a) first attachment is okay.
	b) 2nd attachment is larger in size and corrupt
	c) 3rd attachment is Good.
	d) next 3 attachments are also Good.
2) Re-boot not required for 3rd Good and thereafter.
3) Inconsistent munging, so can't repeat.

In both configurations, the attachment size of the corrupted version is
exactly the same and consistently the same. For example, a GIF file that has
a size of 116.7k in a Good attachment, will always have a size of 170.3k in
the Bad attachment.  And, a PDF with a size of 617k in a Good attachment
will always have a size of 726.7k in the Bad attachment.

I'm running RT 3.02, Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 4.0.13, Perl 5.8.0, and with
mod_perl 1.27 and FastCGI 0.67.

Are you seeing similar behavior?

Thanks,
Dan