[rt-users] mysql performance - recommended indicies?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 16 17:53:46 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:46:44PM -0700, matthew zeier wrote:

> Running rt3.0.5, mysql 4.0.14.  NOC is starting to see updates taking longer
> than before (10 seconds sometimes).

It's helpful to turn on mysql logging and slow query logging and see
which queries are taking a long time, assuming it's database side lag
and not perl-side lag. Once you know which queries are killing you, it's
much easier to tune.

It's also worth making sure that if you're running with Sendmail brand
sendmail, you're doing background delivery, rather than actually waiting
for mail to be delivered before returning a page.

	-j