[rt-users] Custom Header for loop prevention

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Fri Oct 17 09:51:20 EDT 2003

WR> RT properly sets autoresponses with Precedence: bulk, but many OOO
WR> responders and such ignore this and autoreply anyway creating a
WR> brand-new message without any of the original message included. Of
WR> course, this creates a new ticket, which generates an autoreply. Sigh.
WR> Would someone please kick Bill G. in the nuts for me???

This should be of interest to *anyone* building an application that
replies to email automatically.  Unfortunately, there are a few
"hyperintelligent" people out there that have decided that an
"autogenerated" header is appropriate for sending in a DSN bounce.
The next draft of this document will address that issue (are you
listening, AOL?)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-auto-email-response-04.txt