[rt-users] Help - memory leak problems

douglas.borrie at eject.co.za douglas.borrie at eject.co.za
Fri Oct 17 17:55:34 EDT 2003

Thanks for all the responses.

I think what is becoming obvious from all the replies is that this type of
memory usage is
considered normal in a mod_perl environment. That's fine for all the
mod_perl experienced
users out there but for first time mod_perlers maybe it's not so obvious.

I found to get the best response times and to prevent the server from
committing suicide
it is necessary to tune apache in such a way that it kills the large apache
children just
before the server runs out of RAM and starts to swap. To get it to do this I
played
with the following apache config variables :
        MaxKeepAliveRequests
        KeepAliveTimeout
        MaxSpareServers
        MaxClients