[rt-users] How to install Digest::MD5

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Oct 20 04:15:58 EDT 2003

Ada Hui wrote:
> Dear Ruslan,
>
> Thanks for replying me. I am totally new to perl and not familar to
> those settings, would you mind telling me in details how should i config
> so that i can have RT successfully installed? I have been trying to use
> at most default as possible with RH9, do i need to reinstall some of
> those things?
Ok. As I understand that tip help, is it true?
Also you must go through archive of this list for last month. Here was
big thread about RT3 and RH[89] and other users posted step by step
installation process.
Small mine FAQ:
1) `echo $LANG` must not contain utf. Don't be afraid with this. this
don't break anything only fix. So better do it permanently on your system.
2) On RH9 you have to use latest Storable module(due perl 5.8.0 bug).
3) Also you have to specify Apache [user:group] to configure script when
installing RT. RT by default uses [www:www] :
   --with-web-user=USER    user the web server runs as (default: www)
   --with-web-group=GROUP  group the web server runs as (default: www)
You can view your apache settings in httpd.conf

> Also when i try to view the web interface with the browser, it gives me
> System error
> error: mkdir /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj: Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0HTML/Mason/Complier/ToObject.pm line 102
NOTE: You problem is 3 :)

> when i comment out the below lines in my httpd.conf,
> <Location />
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Location>
You turn of RT(Mason) at all with commenting it out, but Mason complains
about permissions.
> i can see the codes with my browser. Otherwise, it give me permission
> denied. Please advice how should i tackle with this. Thanks a million!!!!
>
> Best Regards,
> Ada

	Good luck. Ruslan.