[rt-users] Priorities and severities?

Anthony Sorace rt at anothy.9srv.net
Mon Oct 20 07:14:56 EDT 2003

Among other things, we're using RT for a software development project.
While the wide range of priorities and automatic escalation is nice for
most things, the guy chiefly responsible for the software development
project (and the CEO) very much want the more standard "Severity 1"
through "Severity 5". I've read the suggested procedure in the RT3
manual for mapping priorities, and it sounds fine. Is there any way to
reflect this in the web UI? I want users to be able to select "sev1"
through "sev5" and the like. Is this doable, or am I stuck with
imposing external policy?

Anthony Sorace
CIBERNET Corp
Director of Information Technology