[rt-users] Freebsd Issues

clark shishido clark at ruminary.org
Mon Oct 20 12:30:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 12:07:35PM -0400, Johnson, Michael1 [IT] wrote:
> Well I fixed my first issue now I am back to
>
> [Mon Oct 20 12:06:31 2003] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via
> package "RT::Handle" at /usr/local/rt/lib/RT.pm line 147.

If you keep running into perl module problems, you may want to
start fresh.

Can you safely/painlessly remove all perl dependencies for the
perl_5.8.0 port and do a "pkg_delete -r"?

If yes, I would reinstall the perl port, run "use.perl port"
and then try installing mod_perl, Mason, and RT on top of that.
Since you're running 4.7-STABLE, I assume you cvsup once in a
while; a buildworld rebuilds the base system perl in /usr/bin/perl.

Are you using the port in /usr/ports/www/rt3 (it's farily
new you may need to update your ports tree), or are you
installing manually?

--clark