[rt-users] Question to qroup rights

Heiko Burghardt hb-tech at riege.com
Tue Oct 21 11:56:30 EDT 2003

Hello,

I would like to configure my RT 3.0.6 to allow "Everyone" to create
tickets on my queues but keep people out of existing tickets where they
are not Requestor or CC.

So, I set the following global group rights:
- Everyone: CreateTickets
- Roles (Requestor, CC, Owner, AdminCC): ReplyToTicket
- (Internal groups work fine, so I keep them out of here)

The creation of tickets works fine. But when a user replies to a wrong
ticket id, two things can happen:
1) the user is already in the user database and gets a "permission
denied" error message.

Question: Is there a template existing where I can add some infos like:
"You do no have privileges to reply to ticket xxx!"?

2) the user is not in the RT database and gets this message back via
email:
--
RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for this email (<email address>).

You might need to grant 'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the
queue RT3-TEST.
--

Question: Is it possible (any group right different from CommentOnTicket
and ReplyToTicket???) to add new users from an email to the user

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Heiko Burghardt

--