[rt-users] RT-Postfix

Jaime Diaz JDiaz at esabel.net
Tue Oct 21 14:12:56 EDT 2003

Have you ran the "newaliases" command ?

Also, you are missing the --url http://your.rt.com part in the aliases...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lichti [mailto:tom at redpepperracing.com]
Sent: Martes, 21 de Octubre de 2003 03:06 p.m.
To: Leon Sonntag
Cc: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT-Postfix

Leon Sonntag wrote:
> anybody here using Postfix as a local delivery agent? Is there any
> specific setting in the main.cf that I need to check.  I have already
> setup the aliases as shown in the "draft manual".
> I have gone through the "draft manual", looked through the Perldoc
> writeup, and searched online.  Found nothing.
> I am unable to get my mail gate way to work.  When I turn on debugging
> and look in my log, I get:
>
> Oct 21 11:19:18 iwapps4 postfix/local[12828]: 550FB3F75:
> to=<rt at iwapps4.iwapps.com>, relay=local, delay=5, status=deferred
> (temporary failure. Command output: Connecting to
> http://rt.iwapps.com//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
> /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 444, <> chunk 1. temporary failure RT
> server error.  The RT server which handled your email did not behave as
> expected. It said:  temporary failure  )

For inbound messages, I have the following:

aliases:

tickets: "| /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --action correspond"
tickets-comments: "| /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --action comment"

copy rt-mailgate to the /etc/smrsh directory, with the following
permissions:

[root at xxx postfix]# ls -l /etc/smrsh/
total 12
-rwxr-xr-x    1 postfix  postfix      9134 Mar  4  2003 rt-mailgate

and the smrsh directory has permissions:

drwxr-xr-x    2 postfix  postfix      4096 Mar  3  2003 smrsh

And in my RT 2 config.pm:

$CorrespondAddress='tickets at xxxx.com';
$CommentAddress='tickets-comments at xxxx.com';
$MailCommand = 'sendmailpipe';