[rt-users] Quick Ticket Queue?

James Harrison james.harrison at amcg.com
Wed Oct 22 09:29:07 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 08:17, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> James Harrison wrote:

> >>As I've understand you want to assign default owner for all new tickets
> >>in your queue.
> >>
> >>You could do it with script:
> >>condition: OnCreate
> >>action: user defined
> >>action prep:
> >>________________________________________
> >>return 1;
> >>________________________________________
> >>action commit:
> >>________________________________________
> >>my $u = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
> >>my $email = 'foo at bar.com';
> >>$u->LoadByEmail($email);
> >>die "No user with email '$email'!" unless $u->id;
> >>my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetOwner($u->id);
> >>die $msg unless ($status);
> ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->Resolve();
> die $msg unless ($status);
> >>return 1;
> >>________________________________________

> > Ruslan,
> >
> > This look great!
> Have you tested it?
> >  Thanks.  How would I also set the default status to be
> > "resolved".
> You want autoresolve tickets in queue on create? If so look above.
>

> > Thanks Again!

Ruslan,

Thanks so much! I tested it and it works.

Now using your examples I hope to create some other "custom" scrips.
Are there any good resources available on writing these?  Are there any
free/available scrips others have written?

Thanks.
--
James Harrison RHCE, CCNA
Senior WAN Engineer, American Color Graphics