[rt-users] SCRIP User Defined Actions

Jeff Klassen jklassen at biblesociety.ca
Thu Oct 23 12:05:28 EDT 2003

Ruslan, others,

I now have the following scrip set up for a queue in our RT installation
called 'support_em'

Condition: On Create
Custom Condition: <none>
Action: User Defined
Custom action preparation code:
   return 1;
Custom action cleanup code:
   my $cf_name = 'Region';
   my $cf = RT::CustomField->new($RT::SystemUser);
   $cf->LoadByNameAndQueue(Name => $cf_name,
      Queue => $self->TicketObj->Queue);
   die "No such CustomField '$cf_name'" unless($cf->id);
   my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->RT::Ticket::AddCustomFieldValue(
      Field => $cf,
      Value => 'UBS Europe/Middle East',
      RecordTransaction => 0
   );
   die $msg unless ($status);
   return 1;
Template: Global template: Blank

What I would like to happen is for an email sent in to this queue to
automatically have the custom field "Region" set to "UBS Europe/Middle
East". Ruslan has provided the code above, but this still does not work. Can
anyone spot a problem here?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Jeff