[rt-users] RT2 -> RT3 import correspondance issue, revisited

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Thu Oct 23 14:23:41 EDT 2003

Some time ago, I posted asking if there were problems with whichever import
tool I used to move our RT2 database to RT3.  There was, and certain
correspondances were attached to tickets that didn't (yet) exist -- so now
that these tickets are being created, the old correspondances are being
used.

I've tried the 'fixparents' utility, and it appears to have done very
little.  I have yet to re-visit this tool to see if I can tweak it to fix
the things that it says are suspicious, as I first thought I'd ask here for
help.

Any suggestions or pointers on what to do?  Any new developments on the
problem (I can't Google the original ticket)?  Anything I can try?  Everyone
who uses RT is getting frustrated with seeing the wrong correspondances in
e-mail and the web reply.