[rt-users] Installing Apache::Request on Red Hat 9

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Oct 23 19:50:07 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm going through the installation of RT and have managed to find my way
through most of the Perl module hassles with a bit of help from the list
archives (I also got bitten by the UTF bugs and Digest::MD5, but all sorted
now :) ), but I'm stuck on Apache::Request.

My environment is Red Hat 9 with the supplied Apache with security patches
(2.0.40-21), MySQL (currently 3.23, but intend upgrading to 4.0.15) and
FastCGI.  I've tried to stick with standard packages as much as possible, or
have installed packages from Rawhide where needed.

I've got all the Perl modules installed except for Apache::Request, which
complains that it needs mod_perl 1 (I have 1.99_09).  Obviously, others have
got around this problem, so any assistance would be appreciated.  I did have
a fish through the archives and thought I had found something, but can't
seem to find the relevant messages again. :(

Thanks in advance.

Tony Langdon
Systems Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000
Phone:  +61 3 8629 0430  Enquiries:  1300 13 1983
WWW:  http://www.atctraining.com.au