[rt-users] RT Installation Problems (web interface, mod_perl, apache 1.3)

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Oct 24 03:52:32 EDT 2003

Robert Thomas wrote:
> I have followed the following instructions to setup RT:
>
> http://www.bestpractical.com/rt//docs/3.0/2install.txt
>
> I extracted the tar file, and satisfied all the requirements, and did a
> make install.  I then setup my vhost file in apache, and I cannot seem
> to get the RT::Mason parsed page to load properly.  It makes me download
> the unparsed page.
>
> my apache conf file:
>
> <VirtualHost support.myhost.com>
> ServerName support.myhost.com
> Logformat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
> ErrorLog /home/sites/myhost.com/logs/rt-error.log
> TransferLog /home/sites/myhost.com/logs/rt-access.log
> DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>
> PerlModule Apache::DBI
> PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>
> <Location />
>
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I installed mod_perl, but really didnt do anything to configure it.
> Here is my apache conf related to directories:
>
> #Restricted set of options
> <Directory />
>  Options -All -Multiviews
>  AllowOverride None
>  Order deny,allow
>  Deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory /home/sites/*/html>
>    Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
>    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
>        Order allow,deny
>        Allow from all
>    </Limit>
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory /home/sites/*/cgi-bin>
>    Options +ExecCGI -Includes -Indexes
>    SetHandler cgi-script
>    Order deny,allow
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> #<Directory /opt/rt3/bin/>
> #    Options +ExecCGI +Includes
> #    Order deny,allow
> #    Allow from all
> #</Directory>
>
> <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/>
>    Order deny,allow
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> I am clueless as to what is wrong here.  I tried changing RT::Mason to
> Apache::Mason::.... and the page loaded with an error related to Mason,
> so the VHOST is working.  I tried adding the same ... to RT::Mason:: and
> got an error, so obviously RT::Mason seems to be properly doing
> something, but it doesnt seem to parse the index page properly.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks!
You configuration seems to me OK.

I don't know why, but We have such issue with / path in URL.
Try to add /index.html manualy. If it loads ok then try to disable any
proxing(direct connect)  in your browser(this help us) if you could. I
don't know absolutely why this heppens only with IE for us. Mosilla
working fine with or without proxy.

		Best regards. Ruslan.