[rt-users] RT for bug tracking?

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Fri Oct 24 18:45:26 EDT 2003

Eric Siegerman wrote:

> So, I guess my question really is, what is it about RT that makes
> it *less* suitable for bug tracking than are things that bill
> themselves as "bug tracking systems"?

After I installed RT here the engineering department gave it a look.

Here are their issues with it as a bug system:

* flat hierarchy.  No good way to have groups and then sub-groups.

* no difference between severity and priority. (yes this can be hacked
around using custom items but custom fields still feel like a hack to me)

In the end they felt that RT could be made into the system they wanted
or they could just get a system that already did what they wanted.