[rt-users] Automatically Assigning Owner and Queue based on Requestor's emai l

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Fri Oct 24 22:06:40 EDT 2003

At 07:29 PM 10/24/2003, Harrison, James wrote:
>I know how to assign the owner (thanks Ruslan) so I really don't need that
>part, but how do you go about looking at a new request, getting the email
>address out of it, and then assigning ticket attributes based on the email
>address?

Why don't you just set up another alias specifically for the WAN queue?
Have your NMS send mail to that alias instead of the generic alias. If you
are concerned about people improperly sending tickets directly to the WAN
queue, there have been several suggestions on this list for where to look,
both internal and external, to restrict email ticket creation.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"