[rt-users] SW for maintaining documentation

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Oct 26 17:01:07 EST 2003

From: "Andraz Sraka" <a at aufbix.org>

> As far as I've seen the 'feature' list it doesn't support file upload
> and revision control over it. That's one of the main features I really
> need to maintain documentation for different services and servers.
> Yesterday I tried Twiki project, but its configuration is PITA! ;-]

I thought twiki was considerably easier to bring up than RT. The
bin/testenv script will generally tell you anything that is wrong once
you get apache pointed to the right place.  I use external authentication
for both so passwords stay in sync but you still have to have individual
user setup in each.  I haven't used rtfm yet but one feature we use heavily
in twiki is the ability to attach images and their visio or dia sources to
pages
and make the image appear where we want it.  There is also a java drawing
applet that may turn out to be handy.

---
   Les Mikesell
     les at futuresource.com