[rt-users] Automatically Assigning Owner and Queue based on Requestor's email

James Harrison james.harrison at amcg.com
Mon Oct 27 13:58:45 EST 2003

List,

We are just now setting up RT and we've had special request come up.

I'd work on this myself but I can't seem to find any Google links to
HOWTO's on scrips.

We have set up RT with an "Email" queue so that tickets received via
email can be scripted and acted on independently.

I have a network monitoring system set up to send emails to RT during a
network outage.  This obivously is so that an alert from the monitor
automatically generates a ticket in RT. The email is coming from
netmon at domain.com.  Can someone help me write a script that will
automatically move a ticket, only from netmon at domain.com from the Email
queue to the WAN queue and assign the owner to be joe at domain.com?  All
other tickets in the Email queue should be left alone to be acted upon
as normal.

I know how to assign the owner (thanks Ruslan) so I really don't need
that part, but how do you go about looking at a new request, getting the
email address out of it, and then assigning ticket attributes based on
the email address?

Thanks as always.

--
James Harrison RHCE, CCNA
Senior WAN Engineer, American Color Graphics