[rt-users] Re: Users with multiple e-mail addresses, and their ACL rights

seph seph at directionless.org
Mon Oct 27 15:44:27 EST 2003

Victor Danilchenko <danilche at cs.umass.edu> writes:

> 	yes, I have read these sources, and I am aware of
> canonicalization. We have it enabled; but it's not enough. For example,
> we have multiple aliases for the mail server, and we canonicalize those;
> but many people have mail addresses outside the department, and others
> have distinct mail addresses within the department (for example, a user
> who is also a support person for a research group, with a distinct alias
> for that, and who corresponds both from his canonical address and the
> said support address).

It sounds like you're using rt3. rt3's CanonicaizeEmail function starts
out as a pretty simple search and replace, however rt3 allows you to
redefine most internal functions. So override it, and have it do what
you want. Use a giant lookup map, use an external db, whatever you can
code you can have.

seph