[rt-users] Re: mail/p5-MIME-Tools on FreeBSD update

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Mon Oct 27 17:51:38 EST 2003

Thus spake Rainer Duffner (rainer at ultra-secure.de) [27/10/03 17:41]:
> Usually, upgrading one port should not break another (at least, that's what
> I thought it to be).

/should/ not doesn't mean it won't.  Some of the more complicated port
inter-dependancies can be very difficult to not break by updating one port.
This one, however, doesn't qualify.

> Thinking about it: is the port-freeze towards 4.9-RELEASE allready over ?

Possibly, 4.9-RELEASE was branched earlier today, I think.  I haven't been
following -stable, -current, or -announce today, so I couldn't say for sure.

> After such a freeze, commits like the above seem to happen sometimes.
> If nothing helps, you could probably download the previous Makefile and
> distinfo + whatever is needed via cvsweb ;-)

Yep, I've already done that.

> (Getting OT now...)

Heck, OT was miles ago -- this is Very OT.  And hence, my last post in the
thread.